Three months ago, a hairstylist, a salon and a product changed my life.
Yes, that may sound dramatic, but trust me when I say I feel ten times happier and more fabulous, and so does my hair.
Before I decided to get Klix, I did my research — numerous consulting appointments for different types of extensions with a variety of personalities. I have thick, natural (never colored) hair, so I wanted to make sure whichever route I went, I wouldn’t experience hair loss/damage. Only one gave it to me straight, told me all of the facts and made me feel like she really cared about me versus my wallet.
My friend, Alecia (check her out), is a phenomenal hairdresser. Not only did she leave a corporate job to do hair and feel happy with her career, but the service she provides to you & your hair are 100 percent fueled by passion. Not to mention she works at Stella & Shay, an all-service salon dedicated to putting your needs first, so knowing I was entrusting my hair to a passionate owner, a caring hairstylist and a quality place (with high-end products & a champagne!!! bar) made solidifying my decision easier.
Per Alecia: Research the brand, first and foremost… Klix is the best option (and the most expensive) because they use microbeads lined with silicone to protect your hair, they grow out with your hair and they don’t tear your hair out like the glue/tape ones may nor require to be sewn to your scalp.
So, three months in and my hair has never felt more luscious… While I have healthy hair, I never really took care of it, but investing in extensions holds me accountable to avoid tangled, dried out hair.
Here are the products that I highly recommend you invest in, extensions or not.
- L’Oreal’s Elvive Extraordinary Oil: It is insanely inexpensive, but it gets the job done. I love the refreshing scent of sunflowers that accompanies the lightweight formula. Use this before your wash your hair AND after you dry it for extra nourishment and shine. (PS I received this as a complimentary product).
- Moroccanoil Perfect Defense: This will save your life. The spray protects from heat exposure while also adding a firm hold to your locks. I use this before I blow dry & before I curl.
- It’s a 10 Leave-In Conditioner: We all know any “It’s A 10” product is incredible, so all I have to say about this one is spread it evenly throughout your dry hair and brush through.
- Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask: I am clearly a huge fan of this brand, but any brand of hair masks works great. Alecia recommends you use it 2x a week.
- Aquage Freezing Spray: This is my all-time favorite hairspray… It’s light, smells like heaven and doesn’t leave your hair feeling stiff. Tip: a little goes a long way.
And that’s it! Sounds like a lot, but once you get the system down and get used to the routine, it’s a breeze. Remember: Life is too short, so make each hair flip fabulous!